VACANCY FOR TOWN CLERK AND RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER, MANNINGTREE TOWN COUNCIL
Tuesday 25th May 2021
VACANCY FOR TOWN CLERK AND RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
13 hours per week. Salary range up to £12.73 per hour (local government LC1 SCP 13-17) depending upon qualifications and experience.
Applications are invited for the role of Town Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to Manningtree Town Council. The Town Council is seeking an enthusiastic, organised and committed Town Clerk, ideally CiLCA qualified or willing to undertake the qualification, to support a small council consisting of seven councillors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all day-to-day organisation and management of the Town Council's administration and finances and should have a sound understanding of local authority organisation and management.
Managing your own workload, this is a home-based role which includes but is not limited to:
- Arranging and attending monthly evening Town Council meetings, preparing agendas and minutes and publishing such documents. You will be required to attend at least 11 full council meetings per annum, which are usually held on the 3rd Thursday of the month, two evening Finance Committee meetings per annum and the Annual Town Assembly meeting;
- Providing information to enable the council to make decisions and then implementing them;
- Providing legal, procedural, and administrative guidance to the Council;
- Managing council finances, including budgeting, application for council tax, bookkeeping, annual accounts, audit, PAYE, and VAT;
- Ensuring the Council's obligations to insure are properly met;
- Managing the Council website in line with the Accessibility Regulations 2018;
- Receiving and dealing with council correspondence and documents;
- Liaising with councillors, Tendring District Council, Essex County Council, other external bodies and members of the public;
- Retaining relevant documentation, such as books of account, audit papers, minutes and insurance information for as long as it is legally required;
- Acting as a representative of the Council as required;
- Attending training courses on the work and role of the Clerk / RFO as required by the Council.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Highly effective interpersonal skills;
- An understanding of the needs and issues of the local area;
- The ability to take full responsibility for management of the Council's financial affairs;
- Good working knowledge of IT skills and be a strong and effective communicator;
- Good administration capability;
- Awareness of local government structure and procedures.
The successful candidate should live within easy reach of Manningtree and ideally have a general knowledge of the local area. An active interest in, and commitment to, the Town would be an asset.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Town Council's Mayor Mrs Ruth Stocks on 07811 671624. To apply for the post please send your cv and covering letter to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 16th June, 2021. Interviews will be taking place between Thursday 17th June and Wednesday 23rd June 2021.
The Council confirms that it aims to offer full equality of opportunity. Employees and prospective employees will not be unfairly discriminated against on grounds of their sex, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age, trade union membership or non-membership. Where an employee may be disadvantaged on these grounds, the Council will make every reasonable effort to rectify such disadvantage(s). Employment terms and conditions and decisions on recruitment, selection, training, promotion and dismissal will be made solely on the basis of objective criteria.