Mental Health First Aid Course, 17th October 2019, Manningtree
Thursday 3rd October 2019
Manningtree Town Council is hosting an NHS Mental Health First Aid / Awareness course for local councillors, mental health volunteer groups and residents alike.
The course will take place on Thursday the 17th October 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. at the St John Ambulance Headquarter, 55 Station Road, Lawford, Manningtree, CO11 1EB.
Anyone wishing to attend will have to register in advance. Booking is either via the online link https://cal.smoothbook.co/5be42d825449960d55508ddf or you can e-mail Pauline Collins on Provide.email@example.com and she will add you to the register. There are a maximum of 25 spaces available. The course is free of charge.
The half day course is an introductory four and a quarter hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
The course will cover:
• Introduction to mental health and mental health issues
• Factors affecting mental health
• Stigma and its impact on recovery
• Understand the skills to being a conversation about their mental health
• Looking after your own mental health
Everyone who completes the course gets:
• A manual to refer to whenever you need it
• A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
• A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware