Where/when does the council meet?

The council meets at the Methodist Church, South Street, Manningtree, CO11 2HP, usually on the 3rd Thursday of the month. Meetings usually commence at 7:30 p.m. and last approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.

Meeting dates for each calendar year are displayed on both noticeboards and on our website. Click here for more info.

Can I come to council meetings?

All members of the public are welcome to attend council meetings, including those of the Planning Committee, Finance Committee and Personnel Committee. The agendas of full council meetings always include a Public Participation session at which members of the public are welcome to ask questions or air their views. Meeting dates are displayed on both noticeboards and our website and agendas for all council meetings also displayed at least 3 working days ahead of the meeting.

Are there vacancies on the Council?

There are currently no vacancies on the council. Elections will be held in May, 2019. Should a casual vacancy arise in the meantime then it will be advertised on the council's noticeboards, the website and in the local press.

What services does MTC offer?

Manningtree Town Council exists to serve the residents of Manningtree. If you want to raise any local issues you can either attend a council meeting, at which there is always a Public Participation session where members of the public can speak, or contact the clerk here clerk@manningtreetowncouncil.org.uk, the Mayor or one of the other councillors. They will all be happy to help or refer you to someone who can.

How do I complain about something to the council?

In the first instance contact either the clerk here clerk@manningtreetowncouncil.org.uk, the Mayor or one of the other councillors. They will all be pleased to help.

Upon what is the council spending my rates?

Please take a look at our finance page where you can find information on council expenditure. Click here for more info.

What Dentists are in Manningtree?

Manningtree Dental Practice, 17a High Street, Manningtree. You can view more information here: www.manningtreedentalpractice.co.uk

Where are the post offices in Manningtree?

The post office is situated in the Co-op's Fiveways supermarket in Riverside Avenue East, Manningtree, CO11 1US. Tel. 01206 397067.

From where is the last post collected?

There is a postal collection outside the post office at the Co-op's Fiveways Supermarket, Riverside Avenue East and also from Manningtree Sorting Office in Manningtree High Street.

Is there an "early closing" trading day in Manningtree?

Early closing day is Wednesday, although most of the shops and businesses do stay open.

Who is responsible for the market and when is it held?

Manningtree District Business Chamber is responsible for the market. Market days are currently Wednesday and Saturday.

What schools are in Manningtree?

There are no schools in Manningtree. The nearest schools - Manningtree High School and Highfields Junior School - are in Colchester Road, Lawford.

Is there a police station in Manningtree?

There is no police station in Manningtree. You can contact Essex Police here: www.essex.police.uk

Where are the noticeboards?

The council has two noticeboards:

One in Manningtree High Street, outside the sorting office, next to the library (by the red telephone kiosk). The other is on the outside wall of Fiveways Co-op supermarket in Riverside Avenue East.

Who is responsible for the notice board in the Co-op car park?

The noticeboard was erected by the Stour Valley Market Town Partnership many years ago. The Partnership has since disbanded. The noticeboard is there for members of the public to use to advertise local events. It is not for business use.

What lights are affected by the "lights off" initiative?

All lights that are Manningtree Town Council's responsibility are kept on all night; most of Essex County Council lights are turned off between midnight and 5:00 a.m. with the exception of those in Manningtree High Street and the northern end of Brook Street.

How do I report a light out?

Responsibility for the street lighting in Manningtree is split between Essex County Council and Manningtree Town Council. Therefore the best course of action is to report any outages to the clerk and she will arrange for them to be repaired. You can contact the clerk clerk@manningtreetowncouncil.org.uk or phone her on 07419 730258.

How do I report a litter bin issue?

Report any issues regarding litter bins to the clerk. You can do this here clerk@manningtreetowncouncil.org.uk

There's overgrown vegetation - who do I tell?

In the first instance contact the clerk as responsibility depends on the location of the vegetation. You can do this here clerk@manningtreetowncouncil.org.uk

What GP Practices are in Manningtree?

You can see a list of GP surgeries in and around Manningtree on the NHS website here www.nhs.uk

Where is the Manningtree cemetery?

There is no cemetery in Manningtree. However, Manningtree shares the burial ground at St. Mary and St. Michael Church, (New Road, Mistley, CO11 1ER) with Mistley. Contact Rev. Christine Hills on 01206 392200.

Who maintains the beach?

The beach is owned by The Crown Estate but it is maintained by Manningtree Town Council.

When are the tides in/out on the beach?

For details of tides please visit the Stour Sailing Club's website here: www.stoursailingclub.co.uk

Who maintains the Youth shelter?

The Youth Shelter is the responsibility of The Three Parishes Trust Limited.

Who is in charge of the "Hub drop-in cafe"?

The Hub drop-in centre is run by Manningtree and District Christian Churches Together.

How do I report an issue with the Co-Op car park?

In the first instance contact the Duty Manager in the Fiveways store.


For issues relating to Tendring District Council, such as refuse collection, the pond and public toilets please click here.

For issues relating to Essex County Council, such as pot holes, recycling, bus services and local libraries please click here.

Who is responsible for gritting the roads when covered in snow / ice?

Essex County Council is responsible for gritting the main carriageways and footways in Essex. Each year ECC provides Manningtree Town Council with salt which is available for collection and use by Manningtree residents. Manningtree Town Council also has a certain number of salt volunteers who have agreed to store salt at their properties for use on their local road / pavements. If you would like to collect any salt from the council please contact the clerk on 07419 730258 who can arrange for you to collect from Jewson or Rose Builders where the council's salt is stored. Please also contact the clerk if you would like to be one of our salt volunteers.